Roasting the Beetroot and Hazlenuts
- Preheat the oven 190o C.
- Wrap each beetroot in foil and place in a baking dish.
- Pop in the oven and roast until tender (test by inserting a sharp knife) The timing will vary depending on the size of the beetroot; small ones take approx 40mins, larger ones a little longer.
- Scatter the hazelnuts on a non-stick tray.
- Roast as they are for 10mins, until golden.
- Remove hazelnuts from the oven, leave to cool slightly, then rub off the skins while still a little warm (wrapping them in a clean tea cloth is a good way to get the skins off.) Roughly chop into halves and quarters.
- Remove the beetroot from the oven, allow to cool a little then rub off the skins they should come away easily.
- Slice and then cube the beetroot.
Dressing and Presenting
- Whisk the orange juice, mustard, honey and olive oil together to make the dressing.
- Season with salt & pepper. Creating the salad
- Toss the salad leaves in just enough dressing to coat.
- Split ingredients into four portions
- Arrange the dressed salad on each serving plate and scatter over the beetroot
- Crumble the Yorkshire Fettle cheese and chopped roasted hazelnuts
- And serve immediately.
- 100g. Yorkshire Fettle Cheese.
4 Beetroot, trimmed & scrubbed clean.
75g. Hazelnuts, in their skins.
Juice of ½ an orange.
1 tsp Dijon mustard.
1 good tsp. clear honey.
3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil.
100g. salad leaves or watercress, washed.