- Prepare the peppers, deseed and cut each pepper into four, brush with oil and place under a medium heat grill.
- Put approx. 2 lt. of water into a pan and bring to the boil, add salt and a dash of oil and then the pasta.
- Cook until the pasta is just soft, but still has good body.
- Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water, shake well to remove as much water as possible.
- Drain the sundried tomatoes and the artichoke hearts and cut them into small bite size pieces.
- When the peppers have been cooked and cooled, cut them into bite size pieces
- Cube and crumble the Yorkshire Fettle
- In a large serving bowl assemble the pasta salad, add the pasta, peppers, tomatoes and artichokes and mix them together thoroughly.
- Pour the oil over the salad and season well, and add chopped basil and mix well.
Garnish with small sprigs of Basil For a quicker dish all of the antipasti vegetable ingredients can be bought in jars from the supermarket or delicatessen, and once the pasta is cooked it is a very quick salad to put together. Antipasti assorted fungi can be added too. This dish can be served for a light lunch or supper, or it can accompany grilled fish or chicken for a more satisfying meal. A popular light lunchtime dish with the team at Shepherds Purse.
- 250g Messicani Authentic Italian pasta.
200g Yorkshire Fettle Cheese.
1 red pepper.
1 yellow pepper.
170g Sundried tomatoes.
160g Artichoke hearts.
75ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Freshly ground salt & pepper.