- Heat the butter and 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan, add the mushrooms and pan-fry until golden, remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and soften the shallots and garlic over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and toast for a couple of minutes until opaque, then add the wine and sizzle until absorbed.
- Gradually add the hot stock to the pan, a ladleful at a time, waiting until each ladleful has been absorbed by the rice before adding another.
- After 20 minutes or so the rice should be cooked to al dente.
- Remove from the heat, stir through the cream and season well with salt and cracked black pepper.
- Fold through the mushrooms, Harrogate Blue cheese and parsley, then divide among plates and serve.
Large knob of butter
2 tbsp olive oil
250g mixed chestnut and button mushrooms, sliced
3 shallots, finely diced
1 fat garlic clove, finely diced
350g risotto rice
200ml white wine
800ml vegetable stock, hot
150ml double cream
100g Harrogate Blue cubed
Small handful fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped