CREATING THE TART
- Lay rounds of puff pastry on a baking tray.
- Prick the centre with a fork to make a 1/2 inch border, slice the Yorkshire Blue cheese and place in centre of tart.
- Slice 2 tomatoes per person and lay overlapping round the cheese leaving the 1/2 inch border of pastry.
- Put the basil leaves, pine nuts and garlic into a blender and puree together.
- Add oil, parmesan and season.
- Spoon a little pesto over the cheese in the middle of the tart.
- Season the tomatoes with salt & pepper.
- Put into the oven 220°C for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the diced pineapple with the rest of the pesto sauce.
- Serve the tart hot with the pineapple pesto dressing around the edge of the plate.
This tart is best served hot, but can also make a great addition to a buffet table. Enjoy with crunchy green salad.
- 170g Yorkshire Blue Cheese
4 x 8 inch rounds of puff pastry
8 Plum tomatoes
100g Finely diced fresh pineapple
50g Basil leaves
1/4 pt Olive oil
25g Pine nuts
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
25g Grated parmesan
Salt and pepper