- Mix Dijon mustard and garlic with lemon juice
- Add balsamic and then the olive oil, season and put to one side
CREATING THE SALAD
- Wipe the fruit and cut round the stone into orange-like segments and put in a bowl.
- Carefully cut the Yorkshire Fettle into inch cubes and add to the fruit along with stoned black olives.
- For the croutons, cut brioche into inch by inch cubes, fry in oil and butter and put to one side.
- Put the salad leaves into a bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add half of the dressing and check for seasoning.
- Carefully lay the salad onto serving plates and sprinkle with the rest of the dressing.
- Top with chives and croutons.
- 225g Yorkshire Fettle
4 Nectarines (not over ripe)
16 black olives
Red beet leaves, rocket, curly endive
100g Brioche croutons
12 whole chives
1tbsp Olive oil (for the dressing)
6tbsp Olive oil (for frying)
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp Crushed garlic
Salt and pepper